Sunday, May 6, 2007

Back Afloat - Tomorrow!




Well, here it is Sunday and still in dry dock. The bottom is finished, new propeller installed and ready to go.

Was informed by Jean-Luc this morning that I would have to remain in dry dock till Wednesday because Tuesday is a holiday...and...Monday is a holiday warm-up. I didn't think anybody had more holidays than the British, where every week there is some feeble excuse not to work. They have "bank holidays" there. God, bank holidays! Give me a break!

This holiday stuff is getting out of hand here too! I asked Jean-Luc what the holiday was and he said "to celebrate the French defeating the Germans in WWII!" Well now, it didn't take me long to jump on that one. They do have a unique slant on history in this country.

Anyway, as it turns out, I get to leave the dry dock tomorrow. The "Monday warm-up" has been canceled for lack of interest. Back to the other side of the canal tomorrow where it is quieter, and more peaceful.

Of course, it is election day here and, depending on the outcome, there may be some bad hangovers in the morning.